Shruti Rao, MS, MBA
Research Program Manager
Shruti is a Research Program Manager at the Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics and a Research Instructor in the Department of Oncology at Georgetown University. She has over 8 years of professional experience working in biomedical informatics, particularly in curating biomarkers for cancer precision medicine, developing standards to annotate and report clinically relevant variants, and conduct functional analyses and interpretation of multi-omics data using different bioinformatics tools and resources.
Additionally, Shruti manages several interdisciplinary and multi-institutional research collaborations at ICBI. She is the coordinator and lead biocurator for the ClinGen Somatic Cancer Working Group (new window) and co-leads the Virtual Molecular Tumor Board (new window) project of the GA4GH – Variant Interpretation for Cancer Consortium (new window). She is also the program coordinator for the Master’s in Health Informatics and Data Science (new window) program at Georgetown University.
Shruti has a B.Tech in Biotechnology from SRM University, India; a Masters in Molecular Biotechnology from The George Washington University; and an MBA with honors in International Business Diplomacy from Georgetown University.
- J Kancherla, S Rao, K Bhuvaneshwar, RB Riggins, RA Beckman, … JCO Clinical Cancer Informatics 4, 71-88 , 2020
- AM Danos, K Krysiak, EK Barnell, AC Coffman, JF McMichael, S Kiwala, … Genome medicine 11 (1), 1-12 , 2019
- A Roy, S Rao, D Ritter, A Danos, K Krysiak, A Church, LB Corson, … JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS 21 (6), 1170-1170 , 2019
- A virtual molecular tumor board to improve efficiency and scalability of delivering precision oncology to physicians and…MJ Pishvaian, EM Blais, RJ Bender, S Rao, SM Boca, V Chung, … JAMIA Open , 2019
- A case for expert curation: an overview of cancer curation in the Clinical Genome Resource (ClinGen)DI Ritter, S Rao, S Kulkarni, S Madhavan, K Offit, SE Plon Molecular Case Studies 5 (5), a004739 , 2019