General Services Policies
To sustain our ability to provide consulting and other analytical services to the Georgetown community we ask that you please note the following policy for collaboration with the ICBI. This policy applies to individuals associated with Georgetown University, MedStar Health and/or the Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science (GHUCCTS).
External collaborators (outside of the above-mentioned organizations) have to abide by a different set of policies while seeking ICBI services.
1. The first 2 hours of consulting are free
2. For consultations requiring more effort there are two ways to fund the ICBI analysts’ time:
a. Level of effort on your grant
b. Hourly flat rate of $120/hr*
*Note: The flat rate partially supports the analyst fee, software costs, and any IT infrastructure costs.
3. If the ICBI member is involved in planning, designing, analysis and/or writing for your project, please invite the analyst working on your project to be a co-author on the publication.
4. If you do not yet have funding for your project, we are happy to provide input for grant development, and be supported for our time through level of effort on the grant application.
Effective June 1, 2013
Since the launch of biomedical informatics services at GUMC, REDCap support and consulting were provided free of charge to the community. We now have over 100 studies in the system with several hundred supported users. In order for us to sustain these capabilities a subsidized chargeback model is required for REDCap’s support and administration. This chargeback is due to several factors including:
a) Our continued ability and commitment to support the popularity of the services and growing requests from our investigators
b) Support for additional analysts' to sustain program growth
c) Current government funding agencies’ recommendations for minimal subsidized service rates
REDCap is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Using REDCap's stream-lined process is an extremely efficient way to rapidly develop and deploy online research data collection and management instruments. REDCap provides many capabilities including automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel and common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R), as well as a built-in project calendar, scheduling modules, ad hoc reporting tools, and other advanced features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields to name a few. We provide services in the areas of project setup; reuse of standard forms for data collection; ongoing maintenance; and customization of data input forms, reports, and data integration.
Below are the rates offered to our GU, MedStar Health, and GHUCCTS affiliated investigators:
1) Project set-up: $300 per project for up to 3 users- $50 per year per additional user. Includes one year of hosting, system maintenance and daily backups. Existing projects will not be charged the project set-up fee.
2) Maintenance and hosting: $100 per year per project for up to 3 users- $50 per additional user per year.
3) Customization and expert support: The first 2 hours of consulting are free (this will typically occur during Tuesday office hours: 10am - 11am – see ICBI Services website). Provided at the rate of $120 per hour for projects requiring customized solutions and extensive support including automated batch upload of data, custom report creation, custom software development, and systems integration using the REDCap APIs. An estimate of hours required will be provided prior to the initiation of work.
We are delighted you are considering a collaboration with our group. To request a consultation, please fill out a SERVICES REQUEST FORM. Should you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the ICBI Services Manager.