Simina Boca, PhD
Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI), Georgetown University Medical Center
Department of Oncology and Department of Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Biomathematics, Georgetown University Medical Center
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
I analyze “omics” data, including metabolomics and genomics, and consider their downstream application in precision medicine. In particular, I developed novel computational and statistical methods for high-dimensional data analysis, led the first comprehensive metabolomic study for Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and contributed to several of the early exome sequencing projects of human tumors. Additional areas of interest include cancer epidemiology and population genetics.
I am an Associate Professor at ICBI and the Departments of Oncology and Biostatistics, Bioinformatics & Biomathematics at Georgetown University Medical Center, as well as a member of the Cancer Prevention and Control Program at the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. I was a postdoctoral fellow in the Biostatistics Branch within the Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics at the National Cancer Institute and hold a Ph.D. in Biostatistics and an M.H.S. in Bioinformatics from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and a B.S. in Mathematics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
View a list of her publications on Google Scholar.
- A Pamukcu, Q Cui, HS Xenias, BL Berceau, EC Augustine, I Fan, … Journal of Neuroscience , 2020
- S Cherian, Q Cui, A Pamukcu, IYM Chang, B Berceau, H Xenias, M Higgs, … bioRxiv , 2020
- A virtual molecular tumor board to improve efficiency and scalability of delivering precision oncology to physicians and…MJ Pishvaian, EM Blais, RJ Bender, S Rao, SM Boca, V Chung, … JAMIA open 2 (4), 505-515 , 2019
- MA Gillette, S Satpathy, S Cao, SM Dhanasekaran, SV Vasaikar, K Krug, … Cell 182 (1), 200-225. e35 , 2020
- Collaborative, Multidisciplinary Evaluation of Cancer Variants Through Virtual Molecular Tumor Boards Informs Local Clin…S Rao, B Pitel, AH Wagner, SM Boca, M McCoy, I King, S Gupta, BH Park, … JCO Clinical Cancer Informatics 4, 602-613 , 2020