- November 9th, 2018: ICBI Monthly Seminar Series (Dr. Ancha Baranova: Biomarkers, the Lure, the Misery and the Way Out)
- Nov 7th 2018 Demystifying Biomedical Big Data: A User’s Guide Workshop
- November 7th 2018 REDCap hands-on beginner-level training
- October 26th 2018 7th Annual Big Data in Biomedicine Symposium at Georgetown University
- October 25th 2018 Bioinformatics for Immuno-Oncology and Translational Research
- October 25th 2018 High Dimensional Data Visualization & Analysis in R
- September 26th 2018 REDCap beginner-level workshop in Dhalgreen Library
- September 10th 2018 ICBI Seminar Series (Dr. Nansu Zong: The experience of exploring various data sources to enhance biomedical decision making in practice)
- Sep-18 2018 Machine learning Special Interest Working group
- August 29th 2018 TBIO546 shared resources lecture
- June 14th 2018 ICBI Seminar Series (Dr. Charles Gersbach: Genome and Epigenomic Editing with CRISPR for gene therapy and cell re-programming)
- May 17th 2018 ICBI Seminar Series (Chunhua Weng: Supporting Clinical and Translational Science with Informatics, IT and Data Sciences)
- March 8th 2018 ICBI Seminar Series (John Wilbanks, Sage Bionetworks: Science, Open Collaboration and Emerging networks)
- March 1st 2018 ICBI Seminar Series (Ziv yANIV: SimpleITK, Accessible Image analysis for data scientists)
- February 15th 2018 ICBI Seminar Series (Sarah Pendergrass: Using HER to redefine our understanding of diseases, outcome, phenotype and impact of genetic architecture)
- March 8, 2018- Presentation by John Wilbanks, B.A. (SAGE). Location ICBI: Time 12:00pm
- February 15, 2018 – Presentation by Dr. Sarah Pendergrass (Geisinger Research). Location ICBI. Time: 12:00pm
- January 18, 2018 – Presentation by Dr. Charles Gerbasch (Duke University). Location ICBI. Time: 12:00pm
December 7, 2017 – Presentation by Dr. Joseph Bender (Perthera). Location ICBI. Time: 12:00pm
September 21, 2017- Presentation by Dr. Adam Phillipy (NIH) Location ICBI. Time: 12:00pm
May 18, 2017- Presentation by Dr.Simona Cristea (Harvard University) Location NRB E501. Time: 12:00pm
April 20, 2017- Presentation by Dr. Yu Guoqin (National Cancer Institute). Location: ICBI. Time 12:00 pm
February 28, 2017– Presentation by Drs. Norihiro Kato and Dr. Tsuchihara (Medical Genomics Center Japan and National Cancer Center Japan). Location NRB E501. Time: 1:00pm
January 11, 2017 – Presentation by Dr. Mikhail Dozmorov (Virginia Commonwealth University). Location ICBI conference room. Time: 12:00pm
November 21, 2016 – Presentation by Dr. Yetrib Hathout (George Washington University) Time: 10:00 am.
October 24, 2016 – Presentation by Dr. Dr. Héctor Corrada Bravo (University of Maryland). Location: E501, New Research Building. Time: 10am.
July 20, 2016 – Presentation by Dr. Ani Manichaikul (University of Virginia). Location: E501, New Research Building. Time: 10am.
May 23, 2016 – Presentation by Dr. Chip Petricoin (GMU). Location: E501, New Research Building. Time: 10am.
April 25, 2016 – “Mining of Protein Structure, Sequence, Pharmacology, and Text Data to Support Drug Discovery Pipeline Decisions”. Presentation by Wendy Cornell, Ph.D, Principal Research Staff Member, Life Science and Healthcare Research, IBM
March 28, 2016 – “Integration of evidence from multiple sources for comparative effectiveness and health policy research: big data meet evidence-based medicine”. Presented by OrestisPanagiotou, MD, PhD, Division of Cancer Epidemiology & Genetics,National Cancer Institute
February 22, 2016 – “Harnessing genetic interactions to advance cancer treatment” Presented by Eytan Ruppin, MD, PhD, Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology & Department of Computer Science, University of Maryland
January 13, 2016 – “Adventures in the Rising Era of Individual Genome Sequences – Enabling Everyone to Use and Share Public Datasets” Presented by Ben Busby, PhD, Genomics Outreach Coordinator, National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
November 18, 2015 – “The CoGAPS matrix factorization algorithm infers feedback mechanisms and dynamic patterns from therapeutic inhibition of EGFR” Presented by Elana Fertig, PhD, Assistant Professor of Oncology, Division of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Johns Hopkins University
October 28, 2015 – “Annotation agnostic analysis of RNA-sequencing with Rail-RNA and derfinder” Presented by Jeff Leek, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics and Oncology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
September 30, 2015 – “National Data Sharing Initiatives & “Big Data”: The Role of Biomedical Informatics” Presented by Michael J. Becich, MD, PhD, Chairman and Professor, Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
September 9, 2015 – “A Model for Implementing Point-of-Care Clinical Decision Support for Precision Medicine” Presented by Casey Overby, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine”
July 9, 2015 – “Integrative Analysis of Molecular Aberrations in Cancer Genomes” Presented by Chen-Hsiang Yeang, PhD, Associate Research Fellow at the Institute of Statistical Science of Academia Sinica in Taiwan
April 29, 2015 – “Genetic Architecture of Complex Diseases: Implications for Discovery, Prediction, and Prevention” Presented by Nilanjan Chatterjee, PhD, Chief and Senior Investigator of the Biostatistics Branch of the Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics (DECG), National Cancer Institute (NCI)
April 28, 2015 – “Role of SPTBN1 in HCC” Presented by Aiwu Ruth He, MD, PhD, Associate Professor Division of Hematology/Oncology, Georgetown University School of Medicine
March 3, 2015 – “Pancreatic Cancer – Next Generation Approaches” Presented by Dr. Anton Wellstein, Professor of Oncology and Pharmacology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
February 2, 2015 – “The Cathedral and the Bazaar: Musings on Rare Diseases and the Genomic Revolution” Presented by C. Jimmy Lin, MD, PhD, MHS, President and Founder, Rare Genomics Institute and NCI
January 13, 2015 – Presented by Dr. Nathan Edwards, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center
January 13, 2015 – “Visualizing Large Altimetry Data Sets in Real Time” Presented by Dr. Jami Montgomery, Associate Professor (Clinical), Department of Computer Science, Georgetown University
January 6, 2015 – “Electronic Health Records: Why More Pain than Progress?” Presented by Dr. Michael Lesk, Professor of Library and Information Science, Rutgers University
May 9, 2014 – “Semantic Interaction in Visual Analytics – Towards the Goal of Congnition and Computation” presented by Dr. Christopher North, Associate Professor in the Drpartment of Computer Science at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
October 30, 2014 – Presented by Dr. Taxiarchis Botsis, Office of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Center for Biologics and Research (CBER) at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
November 4, 2014 – Presented by Dr. Alfred Sorbelleo, Medical Officer, Office of Translational Sciences, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
May 3, 2013 – “DNA at 60: Still Much to Learn” presented by Dr. Difei Wang, Pharmacogenomics Scientist and Assistant Professor at the Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI)
June 24, 2013 – “System Biology Approaches to Improve Safety“ presented by Dr. Donna Mendrick, Director of the Division of Systems Biology at the National Center for Toxicology Research (NCTR) at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
July 11, 2013 – “‘Seeing’ is Believing: Understanding Protein-Ligand Interaction in Cancer Drug Discovery” presented by Dr. Difei Wang, Pharmacogenomics Scientist and Assistant Professor at the Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI) as part of the Georgetown University Department of Oncology’s Cancer Systems Biology Seminar Series.
July 25 – August 1, 2013 – ICBI Seminar Series Presents: Big Data. Multi day series focusing on Big Data Analysis/Visualization from various speakers in the science and technology fields.
October 21, 2013 – RNA Sequencing Series – “Enabling transcriptomics in non-model organisms with RNA-Seq and generative probabilistic models” presented by Dr. Colin Dewey, Associate Professor of Biostatictics and Medical Informatics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
November 4, 2013 – RNA Sequencing Series – Dr. Harsha Rajasimha
November 18, 2013 – RNA Sequencing Series – Dr. Wenming Xiao