10th Annual Health Informatics & Data Science Virtual Symposium at Georgetown University
October 8th – 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
Please log on with the email address you registered with.
9:00 – 9:15:
Introductions and welcome remarks
Spiros Dimolitsas, PhD. Senior Vice President for Research & Chief Technology Officer Georgetown University
Joseph G. Verbalis, M.D., Professor and Chief, Endocrinology and Metabolism; Director, Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science, Georgetown University
9:15 – 10:00 :
” Future of Digital Health: Challenges and Opportunities”
Amy Abernethy MD, PhD.
President Verily’s Clinical Research Platforms. Former Principal Deputy Commissioner & Acting CIO, US Food & Drug Administration
10:00 – 11:30:
Subha Madhavan, Ph.D., FACMI, Head, Data Science, Oncology R&D, AstraZeneca – Advisor and Adjunct faculty, GUMC
Iker Huerga, M.Sc.
Chief Data Scientist, Oncology R&D – AstraZeneca
Anant Madabhushi, PhD, FAIMBE, FIEEE, FNAI.
Director of the Center for Computational Imaging and Personalized Diagnostics. Case Western Reserve University
Lucila Ohno-Machado, MD, PhD.
Chair, UCSD Health, Department of Biomedical Informatics and Associate Dean for Informatics and Technology
Edward B. Healton, M.D., M.P.H., Executive Vice President for Health Sciences & Executive Dean, Georgetown University School of Medicine
11:30 – 12:30:
Poster Lightning Presentations
The symposium will include an on-line poster session in which select posters from the areas of health informatics, data science, analytics, computational modeling, molecular medicine, precision health and related state-of-the-art technologies will be presented.
- Bridging Artificial Intelligence with Intervention, Nora Alaoui, MD Logix, Baltimore, MD
- The Russian Human Radiobiological Tissue Repository, Adil Alaoui, GUMC
- Safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccination among cancer patients following successful completion of vaccination, Baez, Valentina, MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- A Python-based Analysis of Multi-electrode Array Data, Alan Balu, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Cloud based Virtual Research Environment (GU-VRE), Camelia Bencheqroun, Georgetown University
- A Knowledge Base platform for Surface Plasmon Resonance Database Sharing and Collaboration , Camelia Bencheqroun, Georgetown University
- Prediction of Immune-Related Adverse Events in Melanoma Patients, Samir Gupta, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics, Georgetown University
- Health Informatics and Data Science Master’s Degree Program at Georgetown University, Yuriy Gusev, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics, Georgetown University
- Community annotation in UniProt, Rita K. Hayford, University of Delaware
- A no-code and self-service data analytical tool for biomedical research, Larry Liu, TConneX Inc
- Targetable Molecular Electronic Treatment Algorithm Platform development in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Ayesha Munir, MedStar Georgetown/Washington Hospital Center
- Text Mining of CHO Cell Bibliome: Document Classification, Jonathan Olshin, University of Delaware
- Data Use to Improve HIV Case Finding Fidelity: Evaluating the Testing Expansion of the TIDE Program in Cameroon, Jenevieve Opoku, Georgetown University Medical School, Center for Global Health Practice and Impact
- The Georgetown ATraTM Black Box: A Novel Privacy-Assuring Data Technology, Anne Rhodes, Office of the Senior Vice President for Research, Georgetown University
- Evaluating the scalability and cost-effectiveness of Polygenic Risk Score analysis on Amazon Web Services , Ahson Saiyed, HIDS, Georgetown University
- Change or Sustain Talk Classification with Language Models and Graph Neural Networks, Ahson Saiyed, HIDS, Georgetown University (capstone for Open Health Network)
- Clustering of UniProt proteins using sequence embedding and Cloud computing, Yuqi Wang (Michael), Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, University of Delaware
- How COVID-19 Impacts Consumer Foot-traffic and Spending Behaviors in DC, Maryland, and Virginia, Shuo Wang, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics, Georgetown University
- Comprehensive Real-World Immuno-Oncology (IO) Repository, Yili Zhang, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics, Georgetown University Medical Center
- Quality Evaluation of Image-Based Survival Data from Clinical Trials, Yili Zhang, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics, Georgetown University Medical Center
- Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource (BISR) at Georgetown University, Georgetown-ICBI, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics, Georgetown University
- Informatics for Clinical and Translational Science @ Georgetown-ICBI, Georgetown-ICBI, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics, Georgetown University