9th Annual Health Informatics & Data Science Virtual Symposium
Every year, the Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI) hosts a popular symposium focused on Health Informatics and Data Science at Georgetown University. This year, in light of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we plan on a virtual symposium that will feature a LIVE keynote talk, guest speakers and data challenge winners.
We are honored to have Dr. Robert M. Califf, former Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, deliver the keynote address.
- October 2, 2020 – 9:00 am – 12:30 pm via Zoom
- Robert M. Califf, M.D., MACC, Head of Clinical Policy and Strategy of Verily Life Sciences and Google Health; Former Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration. Battling Fragmentation in Biomedicine and Healthcare: Role of Information Integration
- James J. Cimino, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Director of the Informatics Institute, University of Alabama-Birmingham School of Medicine. As We May Think: Rescuing Electronic Health Records with a 75-Year-Old Information Paradigm
- Marylyn D. Ritchie, Ph.D., Professor of Genetics, Director of the Center for Translational Bioinformatics, University of Pennsylvania. Electronic Health Records – Fueling Precision Medicine
- Chirag Patel, Ph.D.,Associate Professor of Biomedical Informatics, Harvard Medical School. Deconvolving genetics and environmental risk associated with complex disease with real-world biobanked data
- PrecisionFDA Biomarker Discovery challenge winners